Web Accessibility Statement
Candle-lite is committed to making our website available to all our customers. We have made changes to improve website accessibility and will continue to monitor and make improvements going forward. As part of these efforts, we have partnered with EqualWeb to test the compatibility of our website with assistive technology to ensure that our website complies with the relevant accessibility standards.
EqualWeb certifies that our site has been reviewed by software developers and remediated to meet standards set by the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) at the AA level. The WCAG 2.1 AA level covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. WCAG 2.1 AA level guidelines include specific details on how to develop accessible Web content. EqualWeb also certifies that specific techniques were met for the Success Criterion detailed by WCAG. As a result, our website's content has been made more accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of thereof. By implementing and adhering to these guidelines, our website`s web content has also become more usable to users in general.
Measures to support accessibility
Below is a complete list of accessibility modifications and functionalities that can be selected.
- Enable keyboard navigation
- Enable smart navigation
- Stop blinking and flashing of moving elements
- OCR Image description
- Fonts - Ability to increase and decrease the site font, adjust, align, etc.
- Voice command the browser using your voice
- Change color contrast based on dark background
- Change color contrast based on a light background
- Change the Site`s colors
- Matching and monochrome option for color blind people
- Change the font for readability
- Increase the cursor and change its color to black or white
- Increase the display to 200%
- Highlight links on the site
- Highlighting headers on the site
- Display an alternative description of the images
- Increase the content chosen by the cursor, showed in a tooltip
- Describe words by mouse selection
- Displays the site`s contents in a new window clearly and readable
- Enables users to type contents using the mouse
Using the accessibility menu is subject to our Terms of Service which can be found at https://candle-lite.com/pages/terms-conditions
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our goal is to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible by ensuring our site supports popular systems with high market share, including: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera and Safari VoiceOver on a MAC. Our website also supports JAWS and NVDA assistive technologies for Windows and MAC.
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our efforts to ensure accessibility of our website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known and possible limitations, and potential solutions.
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and will repair issues that we discover or that our users notify us of.
Candle-lite E-Commerce Department contact details
It is our intention to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction, however, should you have any questions about our accessibility policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us by using the Contact Us link (https://www.candle-lite.com/pages/contact-us) and filling out the form or via the contact information provided below.
Candle-lite E-Commerce Department
10521 Millington Ct. Suite B
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Despite our efforts to make our site browsing accessible for people with disabilities, it is possible that some pages or sections on our website have not yet been made fully accessible, for a variety of reasons. We are dedicated to keep improving the accessibility features and interface of our website.